Voluntary Legal Plans: An established fast growing trend
As workplace marketing expands, legal plans are becoming an expected benefit like medical insurance. A legal plan offers the peace of mind that comes from knowing you have someone to turn to when you need them the most. Plan benefits emphasize preventative legal care to help minor legal problems from becoming serious.
Increasing number of companies are offering their employees legal plans. When you look at what’s driving this demand, it’s easy to understand why voluntary legal plan benefits are growing by leaps and bounds. One out of every two Americans will need the advice of an attorney during the next twelve months. Of these, nearly half will attempt to deal with the matter on their own. The average person is more likely to find himself or herself in court than in the hospital.
GROUP LEGAL PLANS
Enhance your benefits package by offering employees access to valuable legal services — at virtually no cost to you. Metlife Research shows that 22% of employers in the U.S. offer some type of group legal plan. By providing your employees affordable access to legal services, you offer them significant value with little administrative cost to you. With a group legal plan, a company can enhance benefit packages and attract and retain employees.
Help employees help themselves! Participating employees pay a fee through payroll deduction and, in return, have convenient, affordable access to attorneys for legal services such as:
- Preparation of wills and trusts
- Real estate matters
- Debt matters
- Document Preparation and review
- Traffic and juvenile matters
- Family law
- Tap into a national network of attorneys
- Reduces the work place involvement in the individuals identity theft problem
- Reduces employee use of employer resources (Social Security, Privacy and Legal)
- Demonstrates employers concern for employees and, by reference, customers and data, associated with each
- Adds high profile benefit for a modest cost relative to other benefits
- Proactive strategy as level of safety against a future data loss